I’ve started 2016 with some serious clean slate ambitions – a partial excuse for not having posted here for a while! – and one aspect of that has been a focus on clearing out my makeup collection, minimising the products I never or rarely use, and generally streamlining my collection to be tighter, slimmer, and more useful.
That is a long and roundabout way of saying that I’ve ditched a lot of brightly coloured eyeliner pencils this week. I know what I like, and more importantly, I know what suits me. A soft fawn brown EOTD with spiky black lashes and a natural brow? That’s my jam.
- Primer: Tarte Coloured Clay CC Eye Primer (Sephora AU, Sephora US) applied across the upper lid and blended to the brow, and lightly applied along the lower lash line.
- Eyeshadow: Stila Eyes Are The Window to the Soul eyeshadow palette (Mecca Cosmetica AU, Sephora US). Light applied from crease to brow, a mix of Vitality and Affection swept across the upper lid and dabbed along the lower lashline, with Individual applied through in a soft V-shape through the crease and down and along the lower lashline. You can find my full review of this Stila palette here!
- Eyeliner: Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 19L Light Brown (Sephora AU, Sephora US) along upper and lower lashes, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 1L Star Black (Sephora AU, Sephora US) into the upper and lower lashes, and sheerly applies to the lower waterline to give some visual ‘fill’ without looking noticeably dark.
- Lashes: Tarte Picture Perfect Lash Curler (Sephora AU, Sephora US), Benefit They’re Real! mascara (Sephora AU, Sephora US) applied generously to top lashes and pinched together to create a delicate spiky appearance. I applied a very light coating of They’re Real! on the bottom lashes to darken them, turning the brush vertically on the inner corner of my lashes to give extra length.
- Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel (Sephora AU, Sephora US) to smooth and set without adding colour or definition.