I can already tell that this kind of sultry taupe eye is going to be my look of Winter 2K15. Last year I was obsessed with creating a pseudo-greasepaint witchy aesthetic with high shine browns and taupes, but this year I’m leaning towards a cleaner and softer taupe eye.
The combination of layered matte colour from the Urban Decay Naked2 Basics palette and soft pearly eyeliner, kept low and tight to the lashline to create a soft almond shape, mixes a kind of conservatively classic look with my favourite trick for creating soft, painterly eyeliner.
- Prime: Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base [Adore Beauty]
- Brow: Benefit Instant Eyebrow Pencil in Light/Medium [Adore Beauty]
- Shadow: Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette – Skimp on the browbone, Stark through the crease, Frisk across the lid and under the lower lashline, Undone blended on the outer lashline [Mecca Maxima]
- Liner: Urban Decay Mushroom 24/7 Eyeliner along the upper and lower lashline [Mecca Maxima], Lancome Le Crayon Khol Eyeliner Pencil through the upper lashes and dotted along the lower lashline [Adore Beauty]
- Mascara: Benefit They’re Real! Mascara [Adore Beauty]