When was the last time I wore a smokey eye? For that matter, when was the last time I wore a significant amount of eyeliner? When was the last time I wore makeup? I used to wear smokey eyes all the time when I was in makeup sales, but as I’ve stepped back more and more from the front lines of beauty, they’ve fallen out of my routine. This isn’t a heavy traditional nighttime smokey eye, but rather my take on a lightweight soft silver smokey eye with delicate silver and translucent grey, finished with a solid stroke of eyeliner.
- Base: Too Faced Candlelight Shadow Insurance applied from lashline to crease, then blending up towards the browbone and used as a highlight on the inner corner of my eye.
- Brows: Eyeko Brow Gel.
- Brow Highlight: MAC Shroom eyeshadow applied with a soft broad paddle brush.
- Upper Lid: MAC Rondelle eyeshadow applied with a MAC 242 Shader brush, blending up over the crease. MAC Nehru applied to the outer 3rd of the lid with a soft round tipped pencil brush, blending softly into the crease.
- Liner: Illamasqua Precision Ink in Abyss applied along the upper lid, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline gel eyeliner applied into the upper lashline with a MAC 209 eyeliner brush. Lower lashline is a very sheer smudge of Blacktrack applied with the same 209 brush, pushed into the lashline and swept under the eye.
- Mascara: Benefit They’re Real! applied to upper and lower lashes (get it at Adore Beauty!).
I think next time I take a soft silver smokey eye for a spin I’ll swap the golden pearl of Candlelight Shadow Insurance for the regular matte, flat version of Shadow Insurance. The pearl of Candlelight made this entire eye look far too sparkly and shiny, especially considering that Shroom is also a soft satiny frost and Rondelle is a high shine silver. Always gotta look for future improvements, right?