Three years ago I hit ‘schedule’ on a hastily written post about a China Glaze nail polish. It was, lets be honest here, a badly written post. Despite running a well respected MAC Cosmetics swatch gallery for several years, I’d never really thought about blogging, and I had no real idea what I was doing. All I knew was that I took halfway decent swatch photographs and I had an overwhelmingly huge makeup collection after working in the beauty industry for quite a few years.
And now it’s 2013, three years later, and swatchgirl.com has turned three years old! I’ve found my voice since that first shaky post, honing it into something that I’m happy with and that (hopefully) resonates with so many people month in and month out. I set out to create an archive of good photos, helpful swatches, and personal beauty reviews that were honest yet positive. Hopefully those are goals I’ve achieved, and but they are also goals that I’m still continually refining and improving.
Swatchgirl.com has always been a quiet labor of love for me, and I genuinely want to thank everyone who has been there along the way. Readers both new and old, fellow beauty and grooming bloggers, other makeup artists, industry folks… without you I’d just be posting lipstick pictures into a quiet void, so thank you for keeping this site in your bookmarks. Hopefully you’ll stick with me for three more years, and three more years after that!
All of which brings me to the most important bit of this post! To say thank you for three years of supporting swatchgirl.com and to honour the fact that my interest in posting about makeup online started with a painstakingly organised MAC Cosmetics database, I’m giving away three sets of MAC Cosmetics makeup to three readers. Three winners will take home a set of my favourite MAC colour cosmetics, including a lipstick, an eyeshadow and an eyeliner, all packaged together in a clear MAC brush canister that’s perfect for storing your treasured makeup brushes.
- Set one: Russian Red lipstick, Satin Taupe eyeshadow, Penultimate liquid liner in Rapidblack, small brush canister (value AU$123)
- Set two: Girl About Town lipstick, Shroom eyeshadow, Penultimate liquid liner in Rapidblack, small brush canister (value AU$123)
- Set three: Hug Me lipstick, Mythology eyeshadow, Penultimate liquid liner in Rapidblack, small brush canister (value AU$123)
For a chance to win one of these prizes all you need to do is enter your details below, and let me know what you’d like to see on swatchgirl.com in the future. Easy peasy!
The fine print:
- Winners will be selected at random.
- Twitter posts can be made once per day for extra entry points. Be kind to your followers and don’t go spam crazy though!
- This giveaway is open to international countries, provided that your country has a mail agreement with Australia.
- Friends and family of swatchgirl.com are welcome to enter.