Despite having palettes upon palettes of MAC Eyeshadows in my makeup collection, a leftover from being a makeup artist who could justify having eight different shades of beige eyeshadow, I haven’t really reached for them in any serious capacity for a long time now. I use Shroom, a satiny soft champagne nude, on a regular basis, but as for the colourful shades? They’ve been collecting dust. I’m aiming to change that, though, and I’ve tasked myself with trying a different untouched or never-used shadow every couple of weeks.
Which brings me to the first untried shadow! After tidying up a draw of makeup detritus in my bathroom I found a little untouched pot of MAC Cosmetics Rose Gold pigment which, despite the name, lacks any rosy tones at all. It’s a dirty tarnished gold, like the colour of old unloved jewelry. As a rule of thumb I’m not great at wearing cool brown colours, so I paired it up against a super warm and bright copper frost to punch up the colour and stop myself from looking tired and washed out.
- Firstly I primed with Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer, my staple never-fail primer of choice.
- Then I applied MAC Cosmetics Shroom eyeshadow from brow to crease with a soft fluffy brush.
- To illuminate the inside corner of my eye I applied MAC Cosmetics Grand Entrance shadow with a flat paddle brush, sweeping high towards the inside corner of my brow and blending out along the crease. This super frosty shade is great for boosting shine and highlighting but it can look a little ashy, so use with caution.
- MAC Cosmetics Amber Lights shadow was applied all over my lid.
- MAC Cosmetics Rose Gold pigment was very gingerly applied on the outside corner of my lid and gently blended off with a fingertip.
- Finally I finished off with a little smudge of Too Faced Foiled Eyeliner in Bronze Bombshell, and a slick of Benefit Cosmetics mascara in They’re Real!
My brows are an ungroomed nightmare from the hell dimensions right now, a result of resisting the urge to pluck and shape in order to grow them out into a thicker shape for winter. Ignore them!
- Rose Gold pigment
- Shroom eyeshadow (satin finish)
- Grand Entrance eyeshadow (starflash finish)
- Amber Lights eyeshadow (frost finish)
Ok. One unused eyeshadow down, dozens and dozens more to go. We can do this. We can do this.