This is probably a bit of a misnomer to dub this a work appropriate EOTD (eye of the day, if you’re not up on your beauty bloggin’ parlance), as quite frankly I could turn up to my job sporting electric blue shadow and hot pink eyeliner and I don’t think anyone would blink an eyelid. However! I’m still a big fan of neutral, natural and effortless chic, and this work appropriate EOTD has that in the bag. It’s also quick to do, meaning that I have more time free in the morning.
My Work Appropriate EOTD in Five Steps
- Firstly I prime my eyes. I’m a big fan of Too Faced Shadow Insurance as it’s lightweight, non-greasy and doesn’t feel thick or sticky.
- Then I swept MAC Cosmetics eyeshadow in ‘Shroom’ from lashline to brow, getting lighter in intensity the closer I got to my brows. The shimmer in this shadow stops the other two matte shadows from looking too dusty or dry, but without being a blinged out glittery mess.
- I then gave a subtle contour by using a soft fluffy brush to apply MAC Cosmetics eyeshadow in Steep along my crease. My eyes are quite sleepy and heavyset and over-contouring makes them look super tiny, but a soft wash of this dusty pink shadow gives definition without being overpowering.
- I then use a small brush to apply MAC Cosmetics eyeshadow in Mink Pink on the outer third of my eye and smudged a little into my crease. This fleshy mauve pink gives some soft contour, but again, it’s soft enough that it doesn’t make my eyes look small(er).
- Finally I finish by curling my lashes (I’m a huge fan of the Shu Uemura Lash Curler), applying a dash of MAC Cosmetics SuperSlick Liquid Liner in On The Hunt (waterproof and crumble-proof, this patent leather black lasts me a good 16+ hours) and lastly adding some mascara in the form of Benefit’s They’re Real! mascara.