Pink is always in, baby, but pastel pink and neon are particularly in this spring. Pair it up with pastel green for a soft sorbet look, or clash it with vibrant cobalt blue and royal purple for a wallop of colour!
- ORLY nail polish in It’s Not Me, It’s You (AU$18.95 for 18ml, orlybeauty.com.au) is a clean candy pink cream. It was almost, almost a one coat wonder, but two super thin layers gave full coverage.
- Sportsgirl Pout About It! lipstick in Pink Ladies (AU$9.95 for 4g, sportsgirl.com.au) is a bubblegum pink cream lipstick. It’s a semi sheer finish, so wear it bare for a soft wash of colour or apply it over a bright pink lipliner for full colour.
- The fantastically named Essie nail polish in Tour De Finance (AU$18.95 for 13.5ml, adorebeauty.com.au) is a wild hot pink with a touch of iridescent shimmer. Two thin coats, full coverage. Nice!
- Smashbox O-Gloss (AU$32.95 for 10ml, kitcosmetics.com.au) is a lightweight gloss that applies clear and turns pink after you pop it on your pucker. There’s a little touch of manufacturing science* involved and the colour can turn out anything from a sheer rose through to crazy bright fuchsia.
* The pink flush in Smashbox’s O-Glow comes from the red dye buried right at the end of the ingredients list. It only takes on a pink tint when exposed to water, be it on your lips or the natural moisture on your skin, or humidity in the air. The custom colour aspect of Smashbox’s O range is simply based around how moist your skin is – my skin is quite dry, so on my arm swatch above is only went a light pink. SCIENCE!
An item in this feature was provided by Essie.