You’ll have to excuse the low budget quality of, well, everything about this post. None of my cameras are set up for holding out at arms length and trying to take a good photo, I’m not accustomed to taking selfies apart from the occasional over-filtered Instagram snapshot, and I sorta don’t have a photographic face to begin with. So that leaves me with this: a quick snap in my bathroom (classy) with the terribly grainy front-facing camera on my iPhone (classier).
Last night was a nifty little celebration for SassyBella.com’s 10th birthday, an milestone in blogging that’s beyond inspiring. Given that the vast, vast, vast majority of blogs face away in under two months, reaching a decade and still going strong practically makes Helen from SassyBella the Dame Judi Dench of blogging. I kid, I kid. Helen is an example of growing and developing a blog into a business whilst still remaining gracious, kind and inspiring, and you should all go and embarrass her by telling her so.
So, for once, I hauled myself out of the house in something other than my favourite Black Milk leggings and minimal make-up. I even did my hair for once (using that tutorial I linked a couple of days ago, of course).
- Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation #115 Ivory applied with a MAC 187 duo fibre brush
- MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
- Too Faced Snow Bunny bronzer along the cheekbones
- Illamasqua cream blush in Rude on cheeks and lips
Due to my visually heavy eyeglass frames I’ve taken to doing very minimal eye make-up in terms of colour and intensity. Yesterday I decided to play up the creamsicle orange panels in my dress by working a touch of soft pinky orange into my eye makeup. I’m also growing out my brows at the moment, so please excuse the lack of grooming!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer
- Too Faced Nude Scene eyeshadow along the brow (sadly discontinued)
- MAC Grand Entrance eyeshadow applied wet across the lid and blended through the crease. This creates a damp and dewy illusion even after it has dried.
- MAC Expensive Pink applied sheerly through the crease.
- Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc in Flamingo Road on the outer corner.
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Denim Ink
- Benefit They’re Real! mascara.
- MAC Eye Brows brow stylo in Fling (another of my staples sadly discontinued)
Whew. What a lot of work to look unlike a fat 15 year-old boy.