A few honourable MBFW survival pack mentions that I didn’t get to into detail this week:
- Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturiser: a tinted moisturiser with strong pearl shimmer, this is my go-to for faking that eight hours of sleep/glass of champagne glow. I dial back the reflective pearl by setting it with a dusting of MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish powder.
- Original & Mineral Original Queenie firm hold hairspray: a non-sticky fine aerosol hairspray that gives hold without getting crunchy or dull. Queenie is right, ’cause this stuff is royalty in the hairspray hierarchy.
- Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine finishing spray: after getting my hair processed silver white, I need a little extra help to get some high shine when I haven’t heat styled my hair (so, uh, always). I give my hair a light spritz with this after styling and it imparts a subtle gloss without being greasy or sticky.
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose: my first Shimmer Brick, can you believe? Buffed on my cheeks, it gives a subtle glow that’s pink without being candy bright.
- Benefit They’re Real! mascara: I wrote about this wonder mascara a week or two ago, so I can guess you know why I like it. They’re Real is inky black, doesn’t smudge or flake, and removes with a quick wipe of Créaline H2O Micellar Solution. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.